Varistors are voltage dependent, nonlinear device which have an electrical behavior similar to back-to-back zener diodes. Metal Oxide Varistors are nonlinear resistors, consisting mainly of zinc oxide and several kinds of metal oxide additive. They are bilateral and symmetrical V-I characteristics curve and unparalleled large peak current capability are used for absorption of transient voltage, suppression of pulse noise and circuit voltage stabilization.
● Surge Protection in consumer electronics
— industrial electronics
— telephone and telecommunication systems ● High stabilization for circuit voltage
— automobile equipments
— measuring and controller systems
— electronic home appliances
— gas and petroleum appliances
● Absorption of switching surge from various kinds of relays and electro-magnetic valves.
● Electrostatic discharge an spike noise suppression.
● Protection of various kinds of transistors, diodes, ICs,
thyristors, triac semiconductors, and etc.
● Automobile control system such as transistorized ignition
system and electronic fuel injection system, and etc.
● Fast response
● Excellent voltage ratio
● Unparalleled absorption for transient voltage characteristics
● Bilateral and symmetrical V-I Characteristics curve