The A4988 stepper motor driver carrier is the board for the popular A4988 microstepping bipolar stepper motor driver and can also be used to replace the A4983 stepper motor driver carrier. The A4988 includes adjustable current limiting, overcurrent protection, and five different microstep resolutions. Operating voltage from 8 – 35 V up to 2 A per coil.
This unit comes pre-soldered with the header pins.
• Low RDS (ON) output
• Automatic current decay mode detection / selection
• Mixed with slow current decay modes
• Synchronous rectification for low power dissipation
• Internal UVLO
• Crossover-current protection
• 3.3 and 5 V compatible logic supply
• Thermal shutdown circuitry
• Ground fault protection
• Load short-circuit protection
• Five selectable step modes: full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 and 1/16