Iduino_Yun_Shield, an extremely powerful development for Arduino board, is designed to solve the problems of connection and storage which exist in the Arduino board. Iduino_Yun_Shield runs Open Source OpenWrt System (Same system as runs in Arduino Yun) and it is fully compatible with Arduino IDE V1.5.4 or later versions. Yun Shield is an ideal choice for Arduino Projects which require various internet connections and more storage.
Actually, Iduino_YUN_Shield + Arduino LEONARDO is equal to the official Arduino Yun, but Iduino_Yun_Shield is more flexible because it can work with other Arduino board such as Uno, Duemilanove, and Mega etc which you may already have. Iduino_Yun_Shield uses external antenna which provides stable connection under various environments.
The Iduino Yun is the core module of Iduino_YUN_Shield. And it requires 200mA current when in full load, so it is powered by the Arduino VIN pins to avoid overstressing the onboard 5V LD0 of the Arduino.
- Open source Linux (OpenWrt) inside
- Low power consumption
- Compatible with Arduino IDE 1.5.4 or later, user can program, debug or upload sketch to Arduino board via Arduino IDE.
- Managed by Web GUI, SSH via LAN or WiFi
- Software upgradable via network
- Built-in web server
- Support internet connection via LAN port, WiFi or 3G dongle.
- Support USB flash to provide storage for Arduino projects.
- Failsafe design provides robustly system.
- Compatible with Arduino Leonardo, Uno , Duemilanove, Diecimila, Mega
- Processor: 400MHz, 24K MIPS
- Flash: 16MBytes
- RAM: 64MBytes
- Power Input: 4.75v ~ 23v via Arduino VIN pin
- 1 x 10M/100M RJ45 connector
- 150M WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- External Antenna via I-Pex connector
- 1 x USB 2.0 host connector, used for USB storage or 3G connection
- 1 x Reset button
For more information on the Iduino YUN Shield you could check the wiki :
For more information on the YunBridge Library you chould check this link: